Case Study – Golf Course Pay-Per-Click Campaign
September 10, 2010
Client: County Owned Public Golf Course
Start Date: May 20, 2010
The golf course is located in Florida and was looking for way to increase tee-times sold in the off-season summer months. Play falls off dramatically in the summer and the managment was looking for new ways to attract players from a 50 mile radius.
Research: Our research indicated that a Pay-Per-Click Google advertising campaign would be an effective way to attract golfers for a limited time in the defined area.
- Development of a strategic keyword list focused on “Golf Club, and Golf Course terms”
- There were limited funds for a custom landing page so the click traffic was directed to the golf course website home page.
- The course has an online tee-time reservation system that can be accessed from the website homepage to convert visitors to sales revenue.
- A trackable telephone number was added to the campaign so calls could be counted, recored and tracked.
- Visitors could also send emails if desired.
Results: (16 week campaign)
- The google ad was displayed 54,675 times giving the client broad exposure building brand awareness
- 1,156 searchers clicked the ad and visited the landing page
- 233 prospects called the club to schedule a tee-time or request information
- It is estimated that 240 rounds of golf were sold as a result of the program generating $6,000 in revenue.
- Total Campaign expense was $1,600