10 Fast Ways to Improve SEO
Surely, a solid SEO strategy is a long-term investment, and there are no easy ways to repair a site overnight. Still, there are certain things you can do quickly and efficiently improve SEO right off the bat. The more you stick to your strategy, the faster you can improve your position in the search rankings and develop a stronger relationship with Google.
Below are 10 fast and simple ways to boost SEO. Let’s dive right in.
1. Conduct a site audit. This will tell you where your issues are so that you can develop a strategy to fix them. Broken links and duplicate content, for instance, will drag you down in the search rankings.
2. Publish content for your readers. When you write content, don’t do it for the search engines. Write for your readers. Offer value. Be relevant. Be interesting.
3. Improve on-page factors. On-page factors are those that you have control over, such as bolding, anchor text and H1s. Improve these factors for optimized web pages.
4. Avoid low quality link sites. Bad links are penalized by Google, so stick to quality over quantity. Choose good links from a number of sources as well.
5. Add content to social bookmarking sites. Get your content published on bookmarking sites such as Stumbleupon and Digg, as well as on social media.
6. Add social sharing buttons to your site. These buttons allow readers to share your content over Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on. The more exposure, the better for SEO.
7. Remove all thin or duplicate content. Once again, quality is better than quantity. Remove all content that is thin, copied from somewhere else or stuffed with keywords.
8. Make sure all URLs contain keywords for what you are optimizing. This builds better links and a seamless user experience.
9. Add new content regularly. A blog is a great way to do this, since you can write frequently, share industry knowledge and be relevant with other trending topics.
10. Create effective title tags. Use keywords in these title tags, and make sure they accurately represent what your content is about.